Sunday, March 29, 2009


Isabella is now 5 months old. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were finding out we were having her. She went for her check up and shots on Thursday. She weighed 15lbs 3oz and was 25in long. She is perfect!


I discussed the problems we've been having with her skin with her doctor. His thoughts were that she may have an allergy to food, most likely milk products. When I'm at work she has been getting formula mixed with breast milk. After this appointment I had my mom start her on formula only and immediately her skin seemed better. So my choices are these: start a lactose free diet for myself or give her formula only that is lactose free. I had originally planned to nurse for 6 months since work will start getting busy as summer starts and I won't have the time to pump, but it seems my decision may be made for me earlier than I had planned. This morning Isabella had a horrible rash after nursing and threw a huge fit. The only thing I can think is that I had quesadilla's at dinner last night that were loaded down with cheese. I have to consider that my daughter's comfort comes before anything else. As much as I'm going to miss nursing, I think I'm going formula only.


I was the most concerned that she will not take a bottle from me since we have had problems with it in the past. Today we all went to a cookout with some of Brian's co-workers and instead of leaving to find a place to nurse, I took a bottle. Thank God she didn't have a melt down like she did last time!! I think I can get thru this as long as Isabella doesn't have complete come aparts! I am going to miss this terribly. It has been the most wonderful experience bonding with my daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment